Three Year Course in Islamic Studies and Arabic
Download the application form here: Three Year Course in Arabic and Islamic Studies
Six-Year Alim Fadil Course
Download the Application form here Alim Fadil (Six Yr Course)
Who Can Apply?
Admission Requirements. Prospective students:
- Must have completed their Grade 12 (Matric) *
- Must be versatile in English
- Must be able to read the Arabic script and texts proficiently
- Must be self-motivated and committed to a six year programme
* Please consult the office for exemptions!
Admission Recommendations. Prospective students:
- Memorisation of a significant portion of the Qur’ān
- Produce letters of recommendation from two upright persons from the community
- Provide testimonial from last school
- Provide written commitment from parent/guardian
An interview or series of interviews will be conducted with the prospective student and if necessary his parent/guardian.
Prospective Students are advised to:
- Study the Prospectus and related documents and discuss it with your family and friends
- Obtain additional information from sources such as community scholars or open forums where the Jāmi`ah will be showcased
- Arrange for a day visit to the Jāmi`ah where you will be allowed to sit-in on classes and interact with students and teachers
- Complete the Application Form and submit it to the Jāmi`ah offices before the 30th November of each year.
- Submit their application forms and related documents to the Jāmi`ah Offices at: 32 Dolly Rathebe Road, Fordsburg, Johannesburg
NB. Submission of an application is not a confirmation of admission